Last Updated: Monday March 16th, 2020
At Planet Innovation, the wellbeing of our employees, clients and partners is paramount. So too is the continued and uninterrupted delivery of the product design and manufacturing services that we provide to our clients globally.
With COVID-19 concerns continuing to impact individuals, countries and regions around the world, Planet Innovation is monitoring the situation closely and taking quick action to minimize potential risks to people or business.
While this is a developing situation, we are implementing initial safety precautions including the following guidelines and policies:
Maintaining the health of people:
- Stop all international travel for PI employees.
- All employees who have returned from overseas in the past 14 days will be asked to self-isolate until 14 days after their return.
- Stop all non-critical business interstate travel and assess all critical business interstate travel on a case-by-case basis.
- Request employees to self-isolate for 14 days if they, or someone they have come in contact with, have returned from a travel restricted country in the past 14 days.
- Stop all international visitors.
- Request that local visitors do not attend our offices if they have travelled to a high or moderate risk country (per Australian Department of Health, see www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert ) in the past 14 days, have been in contact with a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, or if they are experiencing any symptoms.
- Request anyone who has a fever or respiratory symptoms to stay home from work and provide medical clearance prior to returning to work.
- Encourage staff to work at home if possible to do so.
- Provide regular information to staff on the developing situation via email and our Intranet.
- Promote good hygiene practices (encourage regular handwashing, provide hand sanitizers and increase office cleaning).
- Display best health practice signs at our offices and provide details of our controls to people attending our offices.
Maintaining the supply of our services:
- Promote the increased use of teleconferencing to maintain high levels of communication while people may be working from physically distributed locations.
- Maintain cloud-based infrastructure to support distributed workplaces, including working from home.
- Introduce proactive healthcare measures on-site where staff are required to attend work premises to fulfil their services, such as in the manufacturing division.
- Work with our manufacturing supply chain to minimize disruption while maintaining agreed schedules and quality.
Planet Innovation will continue to act proactively to support our people and maintain business continuity as the situation continues to develop. We wish you good health and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.