The software team at Planet Innovation has a broad range of experience developing software for medical devices and other domains.
Our capabilities include:
- Managing software development within a regulated IEC 62304 compliant process (for medical products).
- Development of control software for sophisticated medical devices requiring control of precision robotics, microfluidics and sensitive temperature control.
- Developing firmware to robustly control complex peripherals in a wide range of embedded applications.
- Working with end users and designers to create highly usable user interfaces that take into account factors such as support for internationalization and touch screen usability.
- Working with scientists and engineers to convert mathematical and scientific models into software algorithms.
- Applying software development best practices such as Agile Development, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Design.
- Innovative reuse of legacy or third party software components to achieve a reduced development cost and time to market.
- Significant experience in collaborating with external software and hardware partners (often in other countries) to jointly develop and integrate software components for a product.
We have experience in developing software for:
- Operating systems including Microsoft Windows, MacOS X and Linux.
- Mobile platforms, including iOS and Android.
- Network technologies, including TCP/IP, Bluetooth, Zigbee, WiFi and Modbus.
- Microprocessor families including PIC, MSP430, AVR32, ARM and x86.
- Languages such as C/C++, C#, Python, MATLAB, Objective-C and Java.